CBET Scholarship Programme provides scholarships to deserving students in need of financial aid attending colleges and technical institutes in Bangladesh and Ottawa.
2021 CBET Scholarship for College and University Students in Bangladesh
CBET has started accepting applications for 2021 for College and University Scholarship Programs. For a complete list of guidelines and how to apply please take a look at the respective forms under the scholarship page.
The last date to submit 2021 CBET College Scholarship applications with required documents to college authority is April 1st, 2021 and to CBET by April 8th, 2021 (by email to [email protected]). The last date to submit 2021 CBET University Scholarship applications with required documents is April 1st, 2021. Please submit directly to CBET by email to [email protected].
Each college student will receive Taka 11,000 in 2 years while each university student will receive Taka 34,000 during the 4 years of their program.
CBET Scholarship for University Level
a) Eligibility: Only First Year University Student at any Public University, with Good Grade in HSC or Equivalent Exam; and Total Annual Family Income – maximum Taka Three Lakhs.
b) Student who has received CBET College Scholarship in the past and currently registered in the first year at any Public University will be given priority.
c) CBET University Scholarship is for 4 years, total value is Taka 34,000, to be awarded in 4 installments of Tk 8,500 per year. Subsequent installments of each year are subject to successful completion of applicable year.
d) Proof of registration at the University is required (reference letter from the applicable department).
e) Reference / recommendation letter from the college (where HSC or equivalent has been completed) is required.
f) If any question or issues with downloading the 2021 CBET university scholarship form CBET
g) Surovi is CBET’s representative in Dhaka and will administer the fund.
h) Complete the application in English. Clear handwriting is acceptable, but typing is preferred.
i) Last day of submission of the application – 1st April 2021, only by email (scanned copy of the completed application) to [email protected] Do no wait for the last day. Please apply as soon as possible.
j) Selection preference will be one student from one college in one sub-district. This year a maximum of 25 students will be selected for university scholarships.
CBET Scholarship for College Level
a) Eligibility: Only First Year Student, Minimum Grade B in SSC or Equivalent Exam; and Total Annual Family Income – maximum Taka Three Lakhs.
b) CBET will award 5 scholarships per college. Value of each scholarship is Taka 11,000 to be awarded in 2 installments: 1st year Tk 5,000, and in 2nd year Tk 6,000.
c) One scholarship is reserved for an orphan, who lost one or both parents.
d) The college will form 5-member committee and select 7 students through open competition.
e) CBET in Canada will finally select 5 students for scholarships out of the seven applications from the college.
f) Section 1 to 6 of this application to be completed in English by the student. Clear handwriting is acceptable, but typing is preferred.
g) Sections 7 & 8 to be completed by the college authority.
h) After successful completion of 2 years, the student will be eligible to apply for 4 years Taka 34,000 CBET University Scholarship for higher study in any public university.
i) Please submit application with the required documents to the college authority by 1st April 2021.
j) Last day of submission to CBET by the college authority – 8th April 2021, only by email (scanned copy of the completed application) to [email protected]. Original application to be filed at the college for record. Do no wait for the last day. Please apply as soon as possible.
k) From each sub-district only one college will be selected for scholarship. This year a total of 300 scholarships will be awarded in 60 colleges.
CBET Scholarships Guidelines for Principals & College Committees
1) CBET, a Canadian registered charity run by volunteers, awards scholarships to students for college and university education.
2) To be Eligible for CBET college scholarships, students in SSC or Equivalent Exam got Minimum Grade B and family Annual Income maximum up to Taka Three Lacs.
3) SSC exam marksheets from college and Family Annual income certificate from (January-December 2020) from any professor at college or from any municipal ward council or union council or sub-district council required.
4) Student currently must be enrolled in HSC 1st year in Science, Humanities, Business or Technical or Vocational subjects.
5) CBET requests each college to form a 5- member CBET scholarship committee headed by Principal or Vice Principal. The college may select one of the members to be a guardian or parent of a student.
6) Each college will be awarded 5 scholarships from 7 applicants, each taka 11,000 in 2 instalments, 1st year Taka 5,000 and after being prompted, 2nd year, taka 6,000.
7) Out of 5, one scholarship is reserved for an orphan, who lost one or both parents.
8) After 2 years, if the student who gets CBET scholarships and get admitted to a degree program in any public universitas in Science, Business, Arts, Engineering or Medical or Technical, may apply for 4 years CBET University scholarships of Taka 34K.
9) The College is requested to invite open applications from all HSC first year students, after completing SSC or equivalent examination with minimum B grade, in Science, Humanities, Business, technical or vocal stream/group.
10) The College committee by open competition, will select 7 students from the College. As a policy, CBET in Canada will select 5 students for scholarships, from 7 Applicants.
11) 2021 CBET College Application forms has 8 sections. Section 7 and 8, to be filled up by the College Committee. Each student himself/ herself will fill up Sections 1 to 6 only.
12) If any student at this college, during last 3 years (2017, 2018, 2019), who got CBET college scholarships, or last year in 2020 got CBET University scholarships, are eligible to apply now, for 2021 CBET University scholarships, in prescribed CBET University scholarship form.
13) The college should invite applications for 2021 CBET University scholarships, who finished HSC in any group and got admitted to any degree program in any public university and use CBET University application form and last date of submission, 1st April 2021.
14) One university student will be selected from each college in one subdistrict and a total of maximum 25 university students.
15) We request to publicize on the college Notice board, website, and Facebook to inform all the students about the 2021 CBET College & University scholarships.
16) CBET aims to reach all 450+ sub-districts in 60 districts. So, from each sub-district only one college will be selected for scholarship by alphabetic order or by lottery.
17) A new college from a new sub-district, in a new district will be given preference. A total of 60 colleges will be awarded 300 scholarships, each Taka 11,000.
18) 2021 CBET College/University Scholarships forms with students’ guidelines to be downloaded from CBET website. www.cbet.ca
20) Application forms to be submitted along with SSC (or Equivalent) marksheets and FamilyAnnual Income certificate.
21) Students should submit applications to the college authority by 1st April 2021 Better Apply early.
22) The College authority submit the applications of selected 7 students application forms with supporting two documents by 8th April 2021 by email only to [email protected]: in pdf (preference) or word form. Better apply early.
23) CBET Canada through its Dhaka supporting organization, Surovi, will send scholarships checks and certificates in the name of individual students with standard format for the Award ceremony banner in due course of time.
24) The college should hold CBET scholarship award ceremony for the 1st and 2nd instalment to hand over scholarship certificates and cheques within a month after thereceipt of the cheques and send three pictures (one with all 5 students) or a video to Surovi and quality one-minute video of two students in English to Surovi.
25) CBET will publish special newsletter update for 2021 scholarships. CBET may also post by admin only scholarship update in WhatsApp group.
26) For any query or questions, please send email to [email protected]
Important QnA for CBET Scholarship
1. What does CBET do?
CBET strives to give scholarships to College and University students in Bangladesh and Canada. Education is one of the greatest tools to impart moral values, and to develop a good society. CBET- Canada Bangladesh Education Trust is there to help those students implement that basic right by providing scholarships. CBET also strives to establish a dialogue between different Bangladeshi and other Canadians in the Ottawa-Gatineau.
2. What percentage of funding goes towards Orphan and needy scholarship program in Bangladesh and in Canada?
90% of the scholarship funding goes towards the orphan and needy scholarship program in Bangladesh. The remaining funding goes towards the financially needy scholarship program in Canada.
3. Who does CBET represent? And where?
CBET is a CRA registered charity organization. The head office for CBET is located in Ottawa, Canada, with a branch in Dhaka. CBET represents the orphan and needy scholarship program in Bangladesh and in Canada.
4. What values does CBET stand for?
CBET is guided by the following principles: Honesty, Openness and Fairness Accountability to Al-Mighty God Canadian Statutory Authorities and CBET Community Providing service to community members irrespective of faith, culture and ethnicity Respecting everyone’s views, values and ideas.
5 How does CBET select scholarship recipients?
Scholarship recipients are selected from colleges that are from rural areas and are situated in the poverty prone areas of Bangladesh. Students are selected by a committee consisting of 5 members of CBET- Canada Bangladesh Education Trust through a transparent and reliable process.
This process emphasizes students who are orphans or are less financially capable, as well as demonstrate good results in academic examination. The final decision to select scholarship recipients is made by the CBET board members in Ottawa.
6. How many scholarships has CBET awarded in 2020?
By the grace of the Almighty and with the help of our donors, CBET awarded scholarships to 335 students from 67 different Bangladeshi colleges in 2020. From each college, 5 students were nominated. Each scholarship was worth $200.00.
CBET also awarded 20 scholarships to university students in Bangladesh who are attending Medical school, Engineering, Agriculture, Law, Social Science, and Business programs. Each scholarship was worth $300.00.
Here in Canada, CBET awarded scholarships to five graduating students from five different high schools in Canada. Each scholarship was worth $500.00.
In 2020, CBET also awarded scholarships to the University of Ottawa and Carleton University. Each scholarship was worth $750.00.
CBET’S total investment in education for 2020 was $77,000.00.
7. How does money reach scholarship recipients?
To send the money to the students, cheques are issued in the name of selected students and mailed to the selected institution principal. An award ceremony takes place to hand over scholarship cheques at the institution in the presence of local dignitaries, local press, school staff, and families of nominated students.
8. What are the financial resources of CBET?
CBET- Canada Bangladesh Education Trust Funding is solely based on donations received from community members. These donations come from collections at various mosques during Ramadan and Friday prayers, Annual Bazar and Food festivals as well as the annual fundraising dinner, and finally continuous online fundraising throughout the year
9. How can I apply for CBET Bangladesh Orphan and needy scholarship program for colleges?
Please send an email to [email protected] with the name of your college, and the email address of your college and principal. The CBET team will send an application package to your college to initiate the process.
10. How can I apply for CBET Bangladesh Orphan and needy University scholarship program?
- Top 5 USA Health Insurance Company Details
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship 2023 || Qatar
- Ireland Government Scholarships 2023 Circular
- (no title)
- Dutch Bangla Bank, Sonali Bank, Imdad Sitara Khan Scholarship Result 2022
[If You Have Any Questions Please Comment By Attaching Your Email Id In The Comments Section]
To Know More About Scholarship News (Domestic & International) & Admission News, Please Visit Our Website Regularly.
Our Another Web Portal Link www.eduguideline.com